Mission Statement

One Profession to Rule them all. One Team to Bind them. One Link to Bring them all. And on the Blog Find them. :) :P

Friday, March 26, 2010

Life in a Metro …. !!!!!!

The morning sun peeping through the curtain gap and the birds’ chirping woke me up in the morning. I thought to myself what was so good about the morning for the birds to chirp so loudly? Anyway, I got up lazily and opened the window and saw the light blue sky and morning sun shining. Felt the pleasant weather and realised what was good about this morning. Suddenly, the birds’ chirping was no more a noise pollution for me. I smiled and thought it’s been so long I enjoyed my morning like this. My usual day started with the daily monotonous routine of getting up with the feeling of wanting to sleep some more. But today was different. I didn’t want to sleep any longer. Maybe this had something to do with the fact that it was ‘Friday’. Yipeeeeee JJJ

I was busy soaking up the sun when the door bell rang. Enter the maid. Then started the daily hustle-bustle of getting ready to go to work. Though I had woken up earlier than usual (since I knew I could sleep a little longer tomorrow) I was still running late. Finished my daily chores and left the house to reach the bus stop. Just when I reached the building gate I realised I’d forgotten my phone at home. Oh God! Not again. I ran back quickly to get it. Meanwhile, a thought kept flashing in my mind ‘you’ll miss your bus today you’ll miss your bus today.’ Somehow I managed to reach the bus-stop just in time. Boarded the bus and breathed a sigh of relief. By now, the pleasant feeling that I’d woken up with had vanished. Seeing the bus driver a song popped in my head ‘yun hi chala chal rahi, yun hi chala chal’ from Swades. This was because the driver resembled the ‘baba’, played my Makarand Deshpande, in the movie and on whom the song was picturised on along with Shah Rukh Khan. Sitting in the bus I was making a mental list of things-to-do-today when, I guess, I dozed off. After 5mins I opened my eyes sleepily and was startled to see that we had almost reached the office. Itnni jaldi kaise??? I then realised that I’d actually slept for an hour. I straightened up myself and pretended as if was completely awake and active, and not the kinds to sleep off in the bus, though no one was looking at me since I was the only one sitting in the front seat. This was actually good because imagine somebody sitting in the same seat looking at you when you in deep sleep and your head drooping left, right and centre. How embarrassing!!! I got down from the bus and started walking towards my destination. Surprisingly, my enthusiasm to work had returned. Again, knowing myself, I guessed this again has something to do with the fact that it was Friday. I switched on the PC and thought will finish my work early and then enjoy the rest of the weekend. Login failed. I was unable to login in the PC.

Informed the IT guy. Restarted the PC and tried again. Still the same error. After waiting, waiting and some more waiting the IT guy finally showed up. Did something and informed ‘aadha ghanta aur lagega’ and disappeared for ages. Why me?? I thought. I looked around me; everybody’s eyes were fixed on their computer screen. The waiting started again. Finally, after three four more calls an IT guy showed up. A different one this time. By this time, I had lost the enthusiasm to work. It was fixed by lunch time. I started my work with countdown in my head. Another 4 hours to go …

2 comments:

  1. Your morning description is so good .. it feels like heaven.. but everyday when i wake up .. i just want to sleep for 5 more mins :D .. nice post gal !

    ReplyDelete