Mission Statement

One Profession to Rule them all. One Team to Bind them. One Link to Bring them all. And on the Blog Find them. :) :P

Friday, January 7, 2011

...of 'I, ME, MYSELF AS WELL' and LIFE!!

Before you all read this post (please read - blush blush!!), let me be frank here and say this out loud - I don't think I am a selfish or a narcissistic person and I don't want to be that person ever in my life. Not that there has been a complaint like that against me (atleast not at my face :p), but it was necessary to clear this point in the beginning. Too much blabber? Coming to the point - At an early age, I taught myself a lesson - I want to think about myself AS WELL and do things that make me happy AS WELL (focus on AS WELL here is most important!! Hence proved I am not selfish :p).

Isn't it amazing that our actions can make or break situations ever-so-easily with people that we want happy all the time? Not a single day goes by without us doing something to make someone happy. Be it our superiors at work, our dear ones, or people who look upto us. The 'taller' they perceive us to be, the 'higher' they look. While we are busy making sure that everyone is happy and contented, many of us forget about the happines of one important individual - the handsome/beautiful staring back at us in the mirror (5seconds time please - am admiring myself in the mirror! :p).

What is the first thing that pops into our minds when term like 'Sacrifice' is thrown around? For me, it means making people happy but, at the same time, making myself miserable. Is there a limit or a level of misery that is acceptable to me? (Ummmm....NO!) Are we going to find pride in being miserable? (Ummm...aaaaah...NO!) Is there an astrological time of the day when we can accept misery? (Ummm...ooooh tough one....scratching head...scratching head...the answer is...STILL NO!!) Watching Tees Maar Khan was a 'Sacrifice' I made for my friends!! (glad I got that weight off my chest!! I can breathe easy now :p) But, there wasn't a single moment where I felt miserable even though I knew that the movie was a DUD!! Why? Coz the movie did not matter for me, what mattered was that I was having fun with my friends. I ended up doing something made me happy AS WELL (hence the importance of AS WELL above) The reason why I did what I did just went against the definition of 'Sacrifice' as mentioned above i.e. there was no misery involved.

There is a new product in the market for all of us in the year 2011! You don't have to be a part of the old and boring 'Sacrifice' when you can enjoy the new 'Sacrifice++' , and that too for FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! 'Sacrifice++' includes an updated feature of selflessness combined with contentment and delight all packaged in one!! (WOW!!!! I impressed myself there :D) The next time you feel like doing THAT selfless deed, find THAT small string of happiness. The deed will be more enjoyable than you can ever imagine!! TRUST YOURSELF ON THAT...

2 comments:

  1. Well, kinda more "deep" than I expected; but nice idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "find happiness in selfless deeds" - requires some practice! like your point of view, though :)

    ReplyDelete