Mission Statement

One Profession to Rule them all. One Team to Bind them. One Link to Bring them all. And on the Blog Find them. :) :P

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Four days in Ahmedabad - Day 3

I woke up at 8 (it’s a great feeling to wake up at 8 on a Monday!) and came out of my room only to cry, “There’s a peacock in the yard!” (Thank you Seema, for assuring me that it was indeed a peacock J) I quickly took a few snaps of the peacock with my mum’s mobile phone. The peacock walked around, and dad threw some grains of rice for him to eat. He noticed it and royally dismissed it. Instead, he flew and sat atop the swing making it convenient for me to take a few more clear snaps of him. Soon, we no longer amused him, and he flew away with a bored look. 
Dad was off to work, and there was nothing to keep me amused in the house. No TV, no Internet, and no one from office was free to talk to me! I waited very patiently till evening for my dad to return from office. He then took us out for shopping at the National Handloom House. This is a three-storeyed building and stocks all kinds of items - footwear, artificial jewellery, mobile phones, gift articles on the ground floor; first floor is for kids clothes, second floor for women’s wear, and the third floor for men; the lower ground has bed linen and cushion covers.
I got some pairs of footwear for regular use, and a bandini dress material. Then, we had an early dinner and on the way back home, stopped at Induben Khakrawaala (mum strongly recommended this shop) to buy pedhas and khakras for Mumbai. We walked home and went off to sleep.

2 comments: