Mission Statement

One Profession to Rule them all. One Team to Bind them. One Link to Bring them all. And on the Blog Find them. :) :P

Monday, May 10, 2010

Short story: Part2

Kalu had never felt such an excitement before as he was feeling now. A gentle breeze had suddenly started blowing. The dainty bird was craning her neck to feel the breeze all over her feathered body. But before Kalu could enjoy this scene any longer, the voice of crackers filled the air. A corporator had won the local seat and his followers were celebrating it. Poor her, she got terrified and flew away.

The crackers had no effect on Kalu. Living on the palm tree made him used to all this noise. After waiting for some time, he made a quick dash to the palm tree. He sat motionless on the branch, as if he was under some spell.

Next day, being a Sunday, I got up little late. From my balcony I could see the machhi-walas shouting as they passed by our society. No sooner they announced their arrival, I could hear the whole society summoning them. Mrs. Sampat’s, who lived in the opposite society, had such a shrill voice, that it could even drive out the nails from the wall.

As the ladies started bargaining a deal out from the machhi-walas, I saw Kalu sitting on the branches oblivious to everything around. Normally, the sight of machhi-walas would get him going from one tree to another, as if negotiating an angle of attack. As soon as the machhi-walas came out back on road, Kalu would dive straight on the tub, and pick up his catch while still airborne; all this in a blink of an eye.

Surprisingly, right then he wasn’t bothered. Later during the day, I saw him sitting on the window sill of the opposite building. He was at the same place in the evening too.

The next week was going to be very hectic. I was working till late on most of the days. Weekends it seemed came pretty late, but brought a much needed break. It was early Saturday morning and I decided to go out for a walk. As I came out, my eyes inadvertently went over to the opposite building. I saw Kalu sitting there at the same place where I had seen him last Sunday. Did he not move from that place since then? No, it can’t be, I told myself and moved on. As I came back after an hour, I found him at the same place. What could be the reason I asked my self.

Curiosity was getting the better of me, and since I had nothing much to do, I decided to keep a watch on my dear friend. My high-powered binoculars were going to be a perfect tool for carrying out the task. As I directed my binoculars at him, I saw him sitting lonely and dejected. I don’t why I kept looking at him. There was something which was strangely holding my attention and I wanted to find out what.

As I tried to read him more, I was shocked by a deafening voice. It was Mrs. Sampat shouting at me, “Doosron ke ghar me dekhta hai, sharam nahi aati tumko”. The binoculars nearly fell from my hands. Kalu made a quick way out.

3 comments:

  1. WHATTE PUNCH TO END WID :D
    great going
    keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's becoming interesting part by part...continue writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.. Loved the way you ended this part.. :) When's the next part coming?

    ReplyDelete